Before following these instructions to add the driver for the HP LaserJet Pro 400, your LabQuest version must be 1.7 or LabQuest 2 must be version 2.2 – if you need to update, go here:
NOTE: This update does not work for printing via USB with the LabQuest 2. It only works for printing via a network connection. (The original LabQuest works with both USB and with a network.)
When you have the latest LabQuest App, follow these instructions:
1. Download the printer update file here:
2. Copy the downloaded file to a newly-formatted USB flash drive.
3. Power the LabQuest and wait for the main application screen to appear.
4. Plug the USB flash drive into the LabQuest.
5. After about 10 seconds, a message about installing the fix appears for 15 seconds and is replaced by this message “Installation has succeeded”.
6. The update is finished – you may remove the USB thumb drive.
7. Remove any HP LaserJet 400 printer entries from LabQuest printer configurations (if it is still listed).
8. With the LabQuest connected via wifi to the same network as the printer, scan for printers in the Printer Configuration screen.
9. Select the printer from the list (it may show itself as NPI96A9DD) and tap Install.
10.Now try printing.
If you are still getting error messages while trying to print, please call Vernier Technical Support at 888-837-6437.