Follow these instructions to remove or replace a Go Wireless® 100 mAh Replacement Battery (GW-BAT-100), in your Go Wireless sensor. This procedure ONLY works for the GW-TEMP. Do not try replacing the battery in other GW products, PERMANENT DAMAGE can result. For other GW products, contact Technical Support to arrange a return so that our technicians can change out and test the unit.
Battery Removal Instructions
- Unscrew the end cap on the Go Wireless probe.
- Remove the end cap.
- Carefully slide the circuit board out of the probe housing.
- Carefully pull up on the battery connector to remove it from the circuit board.
- Please be sure to dispose of the old battery properly. To find a recycling center near you, see www.call2recycle.org
Battery Replacement Instructions
- Follow the Battery Removal Instructions (above) to remove the dead battery.
- Press the new battery connector down onto the associated pin connector located on the circuit board.
- Carefully slide the circuit board into the probe housing. Verify wires are wrapped around the edge of the circuit board, as shown below.
- Place the end cap onto the probe housing, ensuring that the battery terminals meet the corresponding contacts on the board.
- With the end cap in place, secure with two screws.
- Test the new battery by pressing the button once on your Go Wireless probe and verifying the LED lights.