The Vernier Sensor Carts (both green and yellow) are plunger carts that have encoder functionality built into the carts. The carts are sold individually but also come with the Dynamics Cart and Track System with Go Direct Sensor Carts.
- Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-G)
- Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-Y)
- Dynamics Cart and Track System with Go Direct® Sensor Cart (DTS-GDX)
- Dynamics Cart and Track System with Go Direct® Sensor Cart (DTS-GDX-LONG)
The plunger cart that comes with the Dynamics Cart and Track System with Motion Encoder or the Dynamics Cart and Track System is not equipped with the motion encoding functionality.
You can convert a Vernier plunger cart (either metal or plastic cart) by using the upgrade kit noted below. The upgrade takes about five minutes and requires a Phillips-head screwdriver. The kit includes a motion encoder receiver and encoder track strip. The plunger cart and required LabQuest interface are not included.
- Motion Encoder Cart Upgrade Kit (DTS-MEU)
The Motion Encoder upgrade kit will not fit in any Pasco cart.