If your projectile launcher photogates always reads unblocked or blocked, here are a few things to check:
- Clean the barrel of the launcher with a strong gust of compressed air. Dust or debris may be affecting the embedded photogate.
- Take the ball out of the launcher and test it by blocking the embedded photogates with your finger.
The following information applies to only the Vernier Projectile Launcher
Vernier Projectile Launcher, order code VPL, $389
- Verify that the cord connecting the launcher to your interface is in the "interface" port of the launcher and either DIG1 or DIG2 of the interface.
- Try connecting the launcher to a different DIG port on the interface. If it only works in one of the two ports, the interface may be the problem and could need repair.
- Try connecting the launcher to the interface with a different cable, preferably one that you know works. If the sensor works with one cable but not another, you likely have a bad cable.
If you only have one launcher, you can use a standard photogate cable with your Projectile Launcher for this test.
- Try using the launcher with a LabQuest 2 power supply. If the sensor only works with the power supply, the launcher is not getting enough power from the interface.
The following information applies to only the Go Direct Projectile Launcher
Go Direct® Projectile Launcher, order code GDX-PL, $449
- Try connecting the launcher to a different USB power source.
- Try connecting the launcher to the USB power supply using a different cable, preferably one that you know works. If the sensor works with one cable but not another, you likely have a bad cable.
TIL 2592: Vernier Projectile Launcher Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 4196: Go Direct Projectile Launcher Troubleshooting and FAQs