When you upload a program to mBot through the mBlock software, you replace the Default Program (that was shipped with mBot) with your own program. If you would like to reset your mBot back to the Default Program, do the following:
mBlock 5 Software (PC/Mac) and online mBlock editor (Chromebook)
1. Power on mBot and connect it to your computer via USB cable.
2. Open the mBlock 5 software.
3. If mBot does not already show in the “Devices” pane, use the “+” button to add it.
4. Connect the software to mBot by clicking the Connect button. The mBlock 5 software will identify the port to which mBot is connected.
5. Once connected, click the Setting button and select “Update Firmware”.
6. From the Firmware Version drop-down menu, choose “Factory Firmware(06.01.009)”.
7. Click the “Updates” button.
8. mBlock will upload the Default Program. When it is done uploading, mBot will give three beeps.
mBlock 3 Software (PC/Mac)
1. Power on mBot and connect it to your computer (PC/Mac) via USB cable.
2. Open the mBlock 3 software and choose “Serial” from the Connect menu.
3. Select the COM (USB) port to which mBot is connected.
4. The mBlock software should now be connected to your mBot. If you are having trouble getting them connected, see I cannot connect to mBot (PC/Mac/ChromeOS).
5. Open the Connect menu again and select “Reset Default Program” > “mBot”.
6. mBlock will upload the Default Program. When it is done uploading, mBot will give three beeps.
After uploading the Default Program, you can disconnect mBot. mBot will behave as it did when it first shipped; it will be in Manual Drive mode.
The mBlock software is free and available for download at https://www.mblock.cc/mblock-software
Note: You cannot reset mBot to the Default Program using the MakeBlock or mBlock apps for iOS/Android. In fact, you will not be able to connect to mBot via Bluetooth with the apps, if anything but the Default Program is loaded on mBot.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
mBot Troubleshooting and FAQs