This article refers to the Go Direct® Energy Sensor (GDX-NRG)

Things to check:

-Check your readings with a multimeter. Do the readings from the multimeter differ greatly from the Energy Sensor?

-What load are you using? The internal load or your own external load?

With homemade generators, as well as with non-KidWind generators, it is possible to exceed the power capacity of the internal resistor. The internal 30 Ω resistor is rated for 1 Watt. If your power production is at or over 1 Watt for more than a few seconds, the resistor will overheat and the Energy Sensor readings will make it appear that the generator is no longer working.

We recommend using an external load consisting of a power resistor that will accommodate the power produced by the generator.