Here are experiments our science specialists have selected to support the IB* topic.
Experiment #14 from Biology with Vernier
In this experiment, you will
- Use a Dissolved Oxygen Probe to measure the dissolved oxygen in water.
- Use a pH Sensor to measure the pH of water.
- Use pH measurements to make inferences about the amount of CO2 dissolved in water.
- Determine whether snails consume or produce oxygen and CO2 in water.
- Determine whether plants consume or produce oxygen and CO2 in the light.
- Determine whether plants consume or produce oxygen and CO2 in the dark.
Experiment #18 from Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry
In the Preliminary Activity, you will gain experience using a pH Sensor and learn pH measuring technique as you determine the pH of a water sample.
After completing the Preliminary Activity, you will first use reference sources to find out more about the decomposition and related concepts before you choose and investigate a researchable question.