In this activity, students learn about variables and gain experience using flowcharts as a tool to help them think logically through their programming tasks. The flowchart example gives students exposure to the tool and helps students begin to understand some of the subtleties of the programming commands.
- Practice writing code, uploading and running a program on mBot™, and troubleshooting code when problems arise.
- Understand when and how to use variables.
- Collect and use data from a potentiometer to set levels in the mBot program.
- Practice skills from previous activities, including adding comments to programs.
- Engineer the physical design of a robot, including consideration for the user interface.
- Practice using flowcharts.