Ohm’s law describes the relationship between electric potential, current, and resistance. In this experiment, you will examine how combinations of batteries and resistors affect both the energy and the flow rate of charge in electrical circuits.
In this experiment, you will
- Measure potential difference and current at various places in series and parallel circuits.
- Track the energy/unit charge and the current as charge flows through batteries and resistors in series and parallel circuits.
- Determine the relationship between potential difference and resistance in series circuits.
- Determine the relationship between current and resistance in the branches of a parallel circuit.
- Determine expressions for equivalent resistance for both series and parallel circuits.
- Account for differences in bulb lighting in series and parallel circuits.