This kit enables a number of advanced experiments, especially with GENPack generator module. Try different gear ratios, blade designs, generators, and more, in a creative, hands-on inquiry into wind energy science. This nacelle also converts for conducting weightlifting experiments, making it a great option for studying mechanical and electrical energy.
Once built, this nacelle mounts on a wind turbine tower or on a standard 1-inch PVC pipe.
- Gear Set with Spool
- Wind Turbine Generator with Wires
- High Torque Generator with Wires
- Motor Mount Pack (2)
- Wind Turbine Hub
- Nacelle Body Half (2)
- Plastic Weightlifter Bucket
- Blade Pitch Protractor
- 1/2″ Washer (25)
- 8″ Hex Shaft with Hub Quick Connect
- 1/4″ x 5″ Dowels* (25)
- 3″ x 12″ x 3/32″ Balsa Wood Sheet* (5)
- 4′ String*
* This part is a consumable and excluded from warranty.
Note: This kit does not include the parts required for building a tower to hold the nacelle upright. For the complete kit, see the KidWind Advanced Wind Experiment Kit.