Each of the 15 experiments in this book kicks off with a case study designed to engage high-school and college-level chemistry students. Immerse them in the excitement of solving crimes through hands-on experimentation using Vernier sensors such as pH, pressure, conductivity, and temperature to investigate complex questions involving forensics. Students explore gas pressure through a failed bottle rocket launch, Beer’s law through a case of poisoned wine, and even more through engaging forensics investigations.
- 15 ready-to-use student experiments
- Electronic access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Vernier Graphical Analysis app with Go Direct sensors. (Does not support data collection with Logger Pro or LabQuest App)
- Essential instructor information, including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Complete equipment and supplies list
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.