The OpenSciEd Sensor Cart Package, which includes wireless Go Direct® Sensor Carts and other accessories, is used for one-dimensional dynamics and kinematics experiments. This package supports OpenSciEd units 8.1 Contact Forces and 8.3 Forces at a Distance.
OpenSciEd 8.1 Contact Forces
- Lesson 2: What causes changes in the motion and shape of colliding objects?
- Lesson 4: How much do you have to push on any object to get it to deform (temporarily vs. permanently)?
- Lesson 5: How does changing the mass or speed of a moving object before it collides with another object affect the forces on those objects during the collision?
- Lesson 7: How much does doubling the speed or doubling the mass affect the kinetic energy of an object and the resulting damage that it can do in a collision?
- Lesson 9: How do other contact forces from interactions with the air and the track cause energy transfers in the launcher system?
- Lesson 12: What materials best reduce the peak forces in a collision?
- Lesson 13: How (and why) does the structure of a cushioning material affect the peak forces produced in a collision?
OpenSciEd 8.3 Forces at a Distance
- Lesson 7: How does changing the distance between two magnets affect the amount of energy transferred out of the field?
- Lesson 10: How does distance affect the strength of force pairs in a magnetic field?
- Lesson 11: What else determines the strength of the force pairs between two magnets in a magnetic field?