Spirometer, order code SPR-BTA, $219
Specifications and User Guide
1. Connect the Spirometer to a Vernier interface (e.g., LabQuest, LabQuest Mini, or Go!Link).
2. Start Logger Pro (must be v 3.4 or newer).
3. Hold the sensor upright and still, and then click "Zero" in Logger Pro. Once zeroed, confirm that the flow rate is zero or very nearly so.
4. Connect a bacterial filter and a mouthpiece to the side of the sensor marked "Inlet".
5. Click "Collect" to start data collection and exhale into the sensor. Confirm that the flow rate and lung volume are reasonable values for the person exhaling into the sensor.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
-TIL 1403: What are the software requirements for the physiology sensors?
-TIL 1532: How effective is the bacterial filter for the spirometer?
-TIL 1677: What is the accuracy of the Spirometer?
-TIL 3353: Can I perform a custom calibration of the spirometer?
-TIL 3061: What are the dimensions of the disposable mouthpiece for the Spirometer?
-Flow Rate: +/-10 L/s
-Dead Space: 93 mL
-Nominal Output: 128 mV/[L/s]
-Detachable Flow Head Dimensions: 80.5 mm (diameter) X 101.5 mm (length)
-Detachable Flow Head Mass: 80 g
-Detachable Flow Head Construction: clear acrylic plastic
-Handle Dimensions: 127 mm X 23 mm X 35 mm
-Handle Mass: 85 g
-Handle Construction: black ABS plastic
-Cable Length: 1.5 meters
-Default Sampling Rate: 100 samples/s (computer), 50 samples/s (LabQuest and calculator)
-Calibrate? No. The sensor is set to match the stored calibration before shipping.
-No calibration process is recommended for this sensor.
Slope 7.8 (L/s)/V
Intercept –17.55 L/s
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
-Disposable Bacterial Filters for Spirometer (10 pack), order code SPR-FIL10, $45
-Disposable Bacterial Filters for Spirometer (30 pack), order code SPR-FIL30, $119
-Disposable Mouthpieces for Spirometer (30 pack), order code SPR-MP30, $15
-Disposable Mouthpieces for Spirometer (100 pack), order code SPR-MP100, $36
-Noseclips for Spirometer (10 pack), order code SPR-NOSE10, $10
-Noseclips for Spirometer (30 pack), order code SPR-NOSE30, $25
-O2 Gas Sensor to Spirometer Adapter, order code O2-SPR, $8
-Spirometer Flow Head, order code SPR-FLOW, $60