- Primary Test: Check the connections.
- Does the yellow LED turn on when you flip the front switch on (up, toward the “1”)?
- If you are controlling the Power Amplifier via LabQuest (Power Amplifier App), do you have a stereo mini phone plug running from the round connector on the back of the Power Amplifier to the audio out connector on LabQuest (with the symbol of the speaker near it)? Make sure this cable is plugged in all the way on both ends. Sometimes the shielding on the cable hits against the rubber on the original LabQuest and will not go in all the way.
- If you are controlling the Power Amplifier with a LabPro, do you have a double-ended BTA connector between the back BTA connector on the Power Amplifier and CH4 of the LabPro? No other channel on the LabPro will work.
- Secondary Test: Connect a simple circuit (small lamp or LED) to the red and black output terminals of the Power Amplifier. Set the output to a sine wave and see if it lights.
RELATED TECH INFO LIBRARY ARTICLES
- What can I use as an input signal for the Power Amplifier?
- Can I use the Vernier Power Amplifier with the LabQuest Mini or LabQuest Stream?
- How do I drive the Power Amplifier using a SensorDAQ?
- Can I drive the Power Amplifier using Logger Pro?
- How does LabQuest offset the input signal to the Power Amplifier?
- The Power Amplifier doesn't respond to LabPro input.
- An experiment using the current sensor of the power amplifier (PAMP) gives unexpected results
- When I plug in a Power Amplifier, it is not recognised.
- Why is my Power Amplifier not putting out any signal?
- Why does my Power Amplifier cause my LabQuest to disconnect from Logger Pro when I try to set the frequency?
- Why do I get strange waveforms from the Power Amplifier Function Generator application?
- How can I check to see if my Power Amplifier power supply is working?
- What experiments can I do with the Power Amplifier?
- How do I use the Pasco Power amplifier with LabPro?
- Is connector on the Power Amplifier connected to the black lead of a VP-BTA?
- How do I use the Power Amplifier current sensor at the same time as LabPro analog out?
- How can I get high frequencies using PAMP and LabPro?
- What is the mass per unit length of the cord with the Speaker Accessory?
- Maximum voltage: ±10 V
- Maximum current: up to 1 A
- Waveform supported: DC, sine, square, triangle, and sawtooth waveforms
- Frequency range: 0.25 Hz to 10,000 Hz
- See the User Manual for additional specifications
Can the Power Amplifier ouput be calibrated? No.
Note: The Power Amplifier current sensor is an autoID sensor. It will only be recognized when the Power Amplifier power is on. It is not the same as our Current Probe (DCP-BTA) or Go Direct® Voltage Probe (GDX-VOLT). It has a range of +/-1 A.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
– Frequency Generator (FGEN-PAMP)
– Power Amplifier Accessory Speaker (PAAS-PAMP)
– Differential Voltage Probe (DVP-BTA)
– Current Probe (DCP-BTA)
– Extech Digital DC Power Supply (EXPS)