It depends on the spectrometer.
- Original SpectroVis (discontinued – sold between 2008 – 2010) cannot be repaired. We are no longer able to secure the lamps that were used in these spectrometers.
- SpectroVis Plus (discontinued – sold between 2010 – 2016) can be repaired.
- Go Direct SpectroVis Plus (started selling in 2017) can be repaired.
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (started selling in 2017) can be repaired.
- Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (started selling in 2017) can be repaired.
- Emissions Spectrometer (started selling in 2017) can be repaired.
- For Ocean Optics spectrometers (including the Vernier Spectrometer), see What is the cost of repairs for an Ocean Insight (formerly Ocean Optics) spectrometer?
If your spectrometer can be repaired, here are a few important items to note:
- You cannot recondition the unit or replace the lamp yourself.
- You will have to send it into Vernier for replacement, slit repair, and recalibration or realignment.
- There is a fee associated with this if it is outside the warranty.
If you suspect your lamp is burned out or something is wrong with your spectrometer, begin with checking the output of your lamp in software according to the instructions here: How do I check the lamp output of my spectrometer?
Here are some additional troubleshooting tips:
SpectroVis Plus Troubleshooting and FAQs
Go Direct SpectroVis Plus Troubleshooting and FAQs
If you determine that your lamp requires replacement, please contact Vernier Tech Support at 888-837-6437 or email Chemistry@vernier.com for the cost and return procedures.