It depends on the spectrometer.
- The following spectrometers can no longer be repaired or refurbished.
- Original SpectroVis (discontinued – sold between 2008 – 2010). We are no longer able to secure the lamps that were used in these spectrometers.
- Ocean Insight (formerly Ocean Optics) spectrometers (including the Vernier Spectrometer, sold until February 2022), see What is the cost of repairs for an Ocean Insight (formerly Ocean Optics) spectrometer?
- The following spectrometers can usually be repaired. Fees will apply for out-of-warranty parts.
- SpectroVis Plus (discontinued – sold between 2010 – 2016)
- Go Direct SpectroVis Plus (started selling in 2017)
- Go Direct Visible Spectrophotometer (started selling in 2022)
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (sold between 2014-2022)
- Go Direct UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (started selling in 2022)
- Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (sold between 2017-2022)
- Go Direct Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (started selling in 2022)
- Emissions Spectrometer (started selling in 2017)
- Go Direct Emissions Spectrometer (started selling in 2022)
If your spectrometer is on the list of models that can usually be repaired, here are a few important items to note:
- You cannot recondition the unit or replace the lamp yourself.
- You will have to send it into Vernier for replacement, slit repair, and recalibration or realignment.
- There is a fee associated with this if it is outside the warranty.
If you suspect your lamp is burned out or something is wrong with your spectrometer, begin with checking the output of your lamp in software according to the instructions here: How do I check the lamp output of my spectrometer?
Here are some additional troubleshooting tips:
SpectroVis Plus Troubleshooting and FAQs
Go Direct SpectroVis Plus Troubleshooting and FAQs
If you determine that your lamp requires replacement, please contact Vernier Tech Support at 888-837-6437 or email email@example.com for the cost and return procedures.