– When used with a Vernier Projectile Launcher, make certain that the Time of Flight Pad is connected to the “Accessory” or “Ext. Switch” port on the launcher.
– When used with a Go Direct Projectile Launcher, make certain the Time of Flight Pad is connected to the “Accessory” port on the launcher.
– Set the data-collection mode to end after six events or set the projectile launcher mode to use the Time of Flight Pad.
Test data collection by tapping Collect.
Place a finger across the aluminum barrel of the Launcher, and remove your finger to generate an event pair.
Place and remove your finger a second time to generate a second pair.
Then press a finger firmly on the pad and release.
This will generate a third pair of events.
Display the data table to see the times corresponding to the six events.
– Does the Vernier Projectile Launcher or Go Direct Projectile Launcher work as expected when the Time of Flight Pad is not attached?
– Do you have power to the launcher?
The Vernier Projectile Launcher requires power from a interface or LabQuest® Power Supply (LQ3-PS).
Go Direct Projectile Launcher requires power from a USB power outlet, USB power brick, or active USB port on a device.
Verify the projectile strikes the pad approximately in the center to ensure a solid registry of the impact.
Note that the pad has a timer set so that the unblock event is about 1 s after the block event, regardless of how long the pad is compressed.
The top surface of the Time of Flight Pad is 2.7 cm from the bottom surface.
For additional specifications, see Specifications and User Guide
The device cannot be calibrated.