Time of Flight Pad, order code TOF-VPL, $84
Specifications and User Guide
- When used with a Vernier Projectile Launcher, make certain that the Time of Flight Pad is connected to the "Accessory" or "Ext. Switch" port on the launcher.
- When used with a Go Direct Projectile Launcher, make certain the Time of Flight Pad is connected to the "Accessory" port on the launcher.
- Set the data-collection mode to end after six events or set the projectile launcher mode to use the Time of Flight Pad.
Test data collection by tapping Collect.
Place a finger across the aluminum barrel of the Launcher, and remove your finger to generate an event pair.
Place and remove your finger a second time to generate a second pair.
Then press a finger firmly on the pad and release.
This will generate a third pair of events.
Display the data table to see the times corresponding to the six events.
- Does the Vernier Projectile Launcher or Go Direct Projectile Launcher work as expected when the Time of Flight Pad is not attached?
- Do you have power to the launcher?
The Vernier Projectile Launcher requires power from a interface or LabQuest 2 Power Supply.
Go Direct Projectile Launcher requires power from a USB power outlet, USB power brick, or active USB port on a device.
Verify the projectile strikes the pad approximately in the center to ensure a solid registry of the impact.
Note that the pad has a timer set so that the unblock event is about 1 s after the block event, regardless of how long the pad is compressed.
TIL 3435: Can I measure g with a photogate and Time of Flight Pad?
TIL 3622: Projectile Motion lab only registers four events with Time of Flight Pad.
TIL 2974: The Time of Flight pad sometimes fails to work.
For Vernier Projectile Launcher, order code VPL, $389
TIL 2592: Vernier Projectile Launcher Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 2622: My Vernier Projectile Launcher disappears or identifies as the wrong sensor in LabQuest App after firing.
For Go Direct® Projectile Launcher, order code GDX-PL, $449
TIL 4196: Go Direct Projectile Launcher Troubleshooting and FAQs
The top surface of the Time of Flight Pad is 2.7 cm from the bottom surface.
For additional specifications, see Specifications and User Guide
The device cannot be calibrated.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
Vernier Projectile Launcher, order code VPL, $389
Go Direct® Projectile Launcher, order code GDX-PL, $449
Independence of Motion Accessory, order code IOM-VPL, $59