Certain dynamics cart products include a packet of Anti-Roll Pegs. The peg prevents the cart from rolling when the cart is placed on a near-horizontal surface. For example, a cart placed on a lab table will not roll and fall to the floor. However, when the cart is placed on a Vernier dynamics track, the peg will move in the center groove of the track allowing the cart to roll freely along the track.
The peg is compatible with all Vernier dynamics carts, both our older metal carts and our newer plastic carts. It is compatible with most Vernier Fan Carts. Some fan carts lack the necessary end cap mounting hole, and will require replacement of the end cap. Contact us if you need a replacement end cap.
Locate the hole in the cart end cap on the underside, along the centerline of the cart. Insert the shorter, wider end of the peg into the hole, and seat it firmly with a twist. The peg can be removed in the same manner if the cart is to be used on a surface that lacks the center slot.
Pegs are included with the following products:
- Dynamics Cart and Track System (DTS)
- Dynamics Cart and Track System with Motion Encoder (DTS-EC)
- Dynamics Cart and Track System with Go Direct® Sensor Cart (DTS-GDX)
- Standard Cart (DTS-CART-S)
- Plunger Cart (DTS-CART-P)
- Motion Encoder Cart (DTS-CART-MEC)
- Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-G)
- Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-Y)
- Fan Cart (CART-F)
- Encoder Fan Cart (CART-FEC)
Pegs are compatible with the following discontinued products:
- Vernier Dynamics System
- Vernier Motion Encoder System
- Standard and Plunger Carts for Vernier Dynamics System
- Motion Encoder Cart for Vernier Dynamics System
Additional pegs can be purchased in packages of 10.
- Anti-Roll Pegs (10 Pack) (VDS-ARP10)