In Investigating Solar Energy, students explore solar energy, energy transfer, series and parallel circuits, and variables that affect solar panel output using the Investigating Solar Energy Go Direct® Package, which includes the KidWind Solar Energy Exploration Kit, an energy sensor, the Vernier Resistor Board, and a surface temperature sensor.
If you are using this curriculum as part of a STEM-specific program, you will find that the experiments and projects consistently integrate elementary mathematics skills and concepts.
The book is aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS); each teacher section contains information to help you identify experiments that will help your students as they work toward meeting the NGSS Performance Expectations.
- 9 ready-to-use student experiments and 2 engineering projects
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Graphical Analysis, Logger Lite, and LabQuest App
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Solar Panel Output: Effect of Load” from Investigating Solar Energy. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.