pH Sensor, order code PH-BTA, $79
Specifications and User Guide
- Primary Test: Does it read approximately 4 in its storage solution? Note: A reading of 13 to 14 indicates 0 volts and might mean that the sensor is defective or damaged.
- Secondary Test: Take readings in fresh buffers, NOT distilled water! If no buffers are available, try it in vinegar (~ pH 2.5-3.5) and ammonia (~ pH 10.5-11.5). If readings do not change when the sensor is placed in different solutions, the sensor is possibly defective or damaged.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
- Calibrate? Usually no. However, for the most accurate measurements with this sensor, we recommend calibration. It is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Custom calibrations can also be stored directly onto the sensor.
- For calibration instructions, see: TIL 4011: How do I calibrate my sensor?
- To save a calibration to a particular sensor, see : TIL 2442: How do I save a custom calibration to my pH sensor?
Other Calibration related TILs
-TIL 2010: Why won't my pH Sensor calibrate?
-TIL 3625: Where do I get pH buffer solutions?
-TIL 3790: What is the difference between the pH buffer capsules with order codes PHB and PH-BUFCAP?
-TIL 782: The glass bulb of my pH Sensor is broken. Can it be repaired?
-TIL 730: The pH electrode I have been using no longer seems to work or is slow to respond. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
-TIL 3311: My pH probe no longer gives an accurate reading. What should I do?
-TIL 1286: Why doesn't my pH Sensor read pH 7 in distilled or deionized water?
-TIL 638: Why am I getting interference when I put two sensors in the same solution?
-TIL 1599: What type of liquids cause problems for the pH Sensor?
-TIL 2166: The liquid inside my pH Sensor is low or gone. Will it still work?
MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE
-TIL 369: Where do I get pH Storage Solution? (Buffer Storage Solution)
-TIL 2338: What do I do about mold growth in my bottle of pH electrode storage solution?
-TIL 728: How can I keep my pH or ORP storage solution from spilling when the sensor is in use?
-TIL 2201: My pH sensors were stored dry. Will they still work?
-TIL 706: What is the best way to clean the glass bulb of the pH electrode?
-TIL 1060: Do any of your sensors require special storage?
-TIL 2174: I bought your pH buffer capsules. Can I make storage solution for my pH Sensors with this kit?
-TIL 2270: How do I dispose of my pH sensor?
-TIL 3032: My pH Sensor has mold inside the shaft. How do I remove it?
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- for buffers pH 4, 7, 10, pH Buffer Capsule Kit, order code PH-BUFCAP, $29
- pH Storage Solution, order code PH-SS, $16 (500 mL bottle)
- pH Storage Solution Bottles (5), order code BTL, $10 (5 bottles)