System recommendations for Logger Pro 3.16.2 (released March 2021) and Logger Lite 1.9.4 (released May 2018):
Any computer purchased in the past three years will be more than adequate for running Logger Pro or Logger Lite. If your computer is that recent, there’s no need to read further.
To do basic data collection with a small number (fewer than 500) of data points without the use of any video features, we recommend the following as a minimum:
• Windows 10 or 11, 32- or 64-bit
• Intel or AMD Processor running at 1 GHz or faster (no ARM processors.)
• 1 GB total minimum RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit.)
• 800 MB of hard disk space for a minimum installation (plus another 1 GB free temporarily during installation.)
• Available USB port
• macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11, or 12
• 2 GB RAM
• 200 MB of hard disk space for a minimum installation (1 GB free is recommended temporarily during installation.)
• Available USB port
The WDSS Wireless Dynamics Sensor System (WDSS) requires a Bluetooth-enabled computer to work with Logger Pro. You can add a USB Bluetooth radio to computers; see WDSS Wireless Receiver (BLUE-USB). WDSS is not supported on macOS 11 and newer.
We also have versions of Logger Pro that will run on older operating systems but will not support all new features. To see a complete list of which version of Logger Pro to use with each operating system, please see:
How do I access Logger Pro 3 installers and passwords from my account on the Vernier website?
Does my netbook work with Vernier software?
Will Logger Pro run in a 64-bit version of Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8?
Are your apps supported in macOS 10.15 Catalina?
Is your software compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks?
Is your software compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?
Do you have Logger Pro for Linux?
Do Logger Pro, Graphical Analysis and other Vernier apps run on the Microsoft Surface?
Will Logger Pro or Logger Lite work in a thin client environment?
What is the minimum version of Logger Pro and Logger Lite that can be used with my hardware?