Go Wireless® Temp, order code GW-TEMP, $59
Specifications and User Guide
- Primary Test: Press the power button on the sensor to turn it on. (The red LED will be flashing.) Start the data-collection app and select the sensor from the list of available sensors. (The green LED will be flashing.) Hold the tip of the sensor in your hand and check for the temperature readings to change.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
TIL 3915: I updated Logger Pro and no longer can connect to my Go Wireless Temp
TIL 3133: Go Wireless Sensors - Computer, Tablet and Mobile Device Support Details
TIL 3134: Go Wireless Sensors - LabQuest Support Details
TIL 3135: Go Wireless Temp - Data Collection Details
TIL 3136: Go Wireless sensors - battery details
TIL 3137: How do I change the name of my Go Wireless sensor?
TIL 3138: Where do I find the serial number and hardware/firmware version numbers of my Go Wireless sensor?
TIL 3139: What do the different LED states mean on a Go Wireless Sensor?
TIL 3140: What does the button do on Go Wireless sensors?
TIL 3142: Go Wireless App Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 3143: How do I change units for Go Wireless Temp?
TIL 3317: Go Wireless Temp with firmware v1.90 does not work with LabQuest 2.
TIL 3173: How do I remove or replace a Go Wireless Temp battery?
TIL 3245: My Go Wireless Temp reads over 500 C on LabQuest 2 when in conditions below 0 C.
TIL 3281: Why is my Go Wireless sensor not communicating with my Android tablet even though the LED is flashing green?
TIL 3264: Do Go Wireless products work with computers?
TIL 3642: How do I tell multiple Go Wireless devices apart?
TIL 3960: Go Wireless Temp cannot be used with Windows 10 Creators Update and Logger Pro
TIL 4023: What is the difference between a Go Wireless sensor and a Go Direct sensor?
- Temperature range: -40 to 125°C
- Resolution: ~0.07°C (actual is 0.0625°C)
- Accuracy: +/-0.5°C
- Response time: 20 s (to 90% of full reading in water)
- Maximum temperature the sensor can tolerate without damage: 150°C
- Minimum temperature the sensor can tolerate without damage: -55°C
- Maximum temperature the sensor handle can tolerate without damage: 45°C
- Minimum temperature the sensor handle can tolerate without damage: -10°C
- Maximum Wireless Range: ~30 m, unobstructed in air (results will vary)
- Overall length (handle + shaft): 17 cm
- Stainless steel shaft: length 11.5 cm, diameter 4.7 mm
- Probe handle: length 5.5 cm, maximum width 2.5 cm, minimum width 1.5 cm
TECH TIP VIDEO
Go Wireless Temp uses Bluetooth low energy technology and can only be used with devices that support Bluetooth low energy technology running the appropriate software.
Requirements for iOS support:
- iPad (3rd generation or later)
- iPad air
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPhone (4S or later)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- Graphical Analysis for iOS (v2.0 - 4.0.3)
- Graphical Analysis GW for iOS
Requirements for Android support:
- For Android devices that use Bluetooth low energy technology, see: https://www.bluetooth.com/what-is-bluetooth-technology/bluetooth-devices
- Graphical Analysis for Android (v2.0 - 5.1)
- Graphical Analysis GW for Android
Requirements for computer support:
- Supported computer operating system
- Windows computer running Window 10
- Macintosh computer running macOS 10.10 or newer
- Compatible Bluetooth low energy (4.0+) radio
- Logger Pro 3(v3.11 or higher)
Requirements for LabQuest 2 support
- Model:LABQUEST2 requires an external Bluetooth radio, Go Wireless® Bluetooth® Adapter, order code GW-RADIO, $29
- Model:LQ2-LE - LabQuest App version 2.3 or newer
- Model:LABQUEST2 - LabQuest App version 2.5 or newer
To know which model LabQuest 2 you have, see TIL 3085: How do I know if my LabQuest 2 will work with Go Direct Sensors and Go Wireless devices?
Each sensor is carefully calibrated during the manufacturing process. This sensor cannot be calibrated by the user.
- Go Wireless® Charging Cable, order code GW-CB, $10
- Replacement Go Wireless Temp (Sensor Only), order code GW-TEMP-NP, $57
- Go Wireless® 100 mAh Replacement Battery, order code GW-BAT-100, $7
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- Go Wireless® Charging Station, order code GW-CRG, $40
- Go Wireless® Temp Teacher Pack (includes charging station), order code GW-TEMP-TP, $473