Examine renewable energy, wind power, and engineering design with these nine, downloadable experiments written for middle school science. Suitable for grades 4–8.
Wind Energy Explorations consists of nine wind energy experiments for students to study renewable energy and wind power and practice engineering design. Using Go Direct® Energy, a Vernier Resistor Board, the KidWind Basic Experiment Kit, and Graphical Analysis™ 4 app, students will gain an understanding of energy, circuits, and loads as they explore wind energy.
- Renewable energy
- Wind power
- Engineering design
Included with Wind Energy Explorations
- 9 ready-to-use student experiments
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Graphical Analysis™ 4
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Complete equipment and supplies list
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
KidWind Basic Wind Experiment Kit (9)
Go Direct® Energy Sensor (8)
Vernier Resistor Board (3)
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »