Go Direct O2 Gas contains a small lithium-ion battery. The system is designed to consume very little power and not put heavy demands on the battery. Although the battery is warranted for one year, the expected battery life should be several years. Replacement batteries are available from Vernier (order code: GDX-BAT-650).
Storage and Maintenance
Important: Go Direct O2 Gas must be stored upright when not in use. Failure to store upright will shorten the life of the sensor and void the warranty.
To store Go Direct O2 Gas for extended periods of time, put the device in sleep mode by holding the button down for at least three seconds. The red LED will stop flashing to show that the unit is in sleep mode. Over several months, the battery will discharge but will not be damaged. After such storage, charge the device for a few hours, and the unit will be ready for use.
Exposing the sensor to temperatures below –15°C or over 45°C will damage the sensor. Additionally, temperatures over 35°C (95°F) will reduce the battery's lifespan. If possible, store the device in an area that is not exposed to temperature extremes.
Note: It is recommended that you wash the Nalgene bottle by hand. Most dishwashers will melt plastic bottles.
Important: Go Direct O2 Gas is neither waterproof, nor is it water resistant and should never be immersed in water.
If any liquid gets into the device, immediately power the unit down (press and hold the power button for more than three seconds). Disconnect the sensor and charging cable, and remove the battery. Allow the device to dry thoroughly before attempting to use the device again. Do not attempt to dry using an external heat source.
Note: Damage due to liquids is not covered under warranty.