Vernier LabQuest 2 is a standalone interface used to collect sensor data with its built-in graphing and analysis application. The large, high-resolution touch screen makes it easy and intuitive to collect, analyze, and share data from experiments. Its wireless connectivity encourages collaboration and personalized learning. You can also use LabQuest 2 as a USB sensor interface using Logger Pro software or with our Graphical Analysis app to stream data wirelessly to one or more mobile devices.
- Standalone and computer sensor interface with a touch screen
- Compatible with all Vernier sensors
- Large and high-resolution screen with portrait and landscape orientations
- Fast data collection
- Rechargeable, high-capacity battery
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh computers
- Collect, analyze, and share sensor data wirelessly with iPad, Android devices, and Chromebooks
- Free software updates
- Large, high-resolution touch screen
- Built-in sensors such as GPS and accelerometers
- Wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Fast data collection with 100,000 samples per second
Wireless Data Sharing
Wireless data sharing supports hands-on, collaborative learning with individualized accountability. Using a Data Sharing app, lab group members connect wirelessly to a LabQuest 2 and collaboratively collect data from an experiment. Students can use mobile devices to analyze an individual copy of the data.
- Student instructions for over 100 of Vernier’s most popular experiments included
- Customizable library of Vernier experiments
- Import your own experiments into LabQuest 2
- Perform linear and curve fits
- Landscape and portrait views
- Supports built-in sensors—GPS, microphone, accelerometers, relative light sensors
- Draw a prediction before collecting data
- Display two graphs at once
- Display a tangent line on the graph
- Integral function
- Periodic table
- Sound recorder (for voice annotation)
- Scientific Calculator
- Audio Function Generator
- Power Amplifier (requires Vernier Power Amplifier)
Versatile Tools and Resources
- More than 100 preloaded lab instructions from Vernier’s popular lab books
- Notes field
- Email screenshots and data files for use in lab reports or submit directly to an instructor
- Export data to Logger Pro, Excel®, and other data analysis software
- Stream data wirelessly to Chromebook, iPad, and Android devices
Email Data and Graphs
LabQuest 2 can email sensor data in multiple formats, depending on the needs of the student and experiment. Students can email sensor data home for their reports or to the teacher.
- Data File: Import into Logger Pro for analysis
- Graph: A PDF of only the graph
- Text File: For importing into spreadsheets
- Screen Shot: Great for use in instructional material
Computer Data-Collection Software
You can also use LabQuest 2 as a computer interface using Logger Pro 3, Logger Lite, or Graphical Analysis 4 software.
Logger Pro 3
Our award-winning Logger Pro 3 software provides advanced analytical features including video analysis. One copy of Logger Pro includes a site license for all computers in your school or your college department, as well as students’ personal computers.
Learn more about Logger Pro 3
Graphical Analysis 4
Collect and analyze sensor data with our free Graphical Analysis 4 software for Chrome™, Windows®, macOS™, iOS®, and Android™. Use LabQuest 2 as a USB sensor interface on a computer or Chromebook.
Learn more about Graphical Analysis 4
Free Software Updates
Get new features and enhancements with free software updates to LabQuest 2.
Download the latest LabQuest update
LabQuest 2 and the Connected Science System was selected as a finalist in the digital devices and international digital resource categories for the 2015 Bett Awards! The Bett Awards provide a showcase of resources and companies that seek to provide educators with the information, ideas and inspiration that are fundamental to the learning process.
Source: 2015 Bett Award Finalists
LabQuest 2 app was selected as a finalist in the Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device category for the 2013 CODiE Awards! The category recognizes the best curriculum or administrative application, designed for either PK-12 or postsecondary markets, that is delivered via mobile devices, including smartphones or tablets.
Source: SIIA 2013 CODiE Award Finalists