Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry contains 34 inquiry-based, environmental science investigations. Each experiment includes a preliminary activity, teacher information, sample researchable questions, and sample data. Labs are correlated to AP* and IB** standards. Topics include
- Earth Systems and Resources/Air and Water
- Earth Systems and Resources/Soil
- The Living World
- Global Change and Population
- Energy Resources and Consumption
The inquiry style used is based on recommendations from the National Research Council report, “Learning and Understanding: Improving Advanced Study of Mathematics and Science in U.S. High Schools” (2002) and leading inquiry-based learning experts.
This lab book provides instructions for data collection with Logger Pro® 3 and LabQuest® App only.
- 34 inquiry-based, environmental science investigations
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential teacher information for successful inquiry investigations
- Suggested researchable questions, sample data, and graphs
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate experiments for your class
- Word-processing files of the student investigations, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Soil and Acid Precipitation” from Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.
Download sample experiment