Powered by Ocean Optics™
The Vernier Spectrometer, powered by Ocean Optics™ technology, connects directly to your computer with a standard USB cable. It is a fully functioning visible light spectrophotometer giving precise measurements instantly over a range of 380–950 nm.
A Full Spectrum of Uses
Use the Vernier Spectrometer to:
- Measure the absorbance spectrum of an aqueous sample.
- Conduct Beer’s law experiments at one or more wavelengths simultaneously.
- Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance versus time at one or more wavelengths.
- Conduct equilibrium studies of absorbance versus time and/or absorbance versus concentration.
- Conduct emission spectrum analysis with the fiber optic assembly.
- The Vernier Spectrometer is a truly portable device, measuring 10 cm x 9 cm x 3 cm.
- One-step calibration of the full spectrum saves precious lab time.
- A complete visible light spectrum, 380–950 nm, is collected in a fraction of a second.
- The open cuvette holder allows for access to the sample during testing.
- Other Vernier sensors can be used simultaneously with the Vernier Spectrometer, expanding your students’ opportunities to pursue a variety of research projects.
- The Vernier Spectrometer draws its power from your computer, eliminating the need for an additional power source.
- Works with many Ocean Optics accessories.
Optical Fiber Accessories
Use the optical fiber assemblies to conduct emission spectrum studies. The Vernier Optical Fiber consistently deliver uniform results with minimal signal variance. It connects easily to a Vernier Spectrometer or a Red Tide Ocean Optics Spectrometer. The fiber is 1 m in length.