The Photogate Bar Tape Kit contains a flexible plastic tape called “Bar Tape” and a guide that allows the tape to be used with a Vernier Photogate. The tape is 3 m long, and it has alternating opaque and transparent bars that have a spacing of 1.524 cm. The tape can be attached to objects and pulled through the photogate. This allows you to perform experiments much like what you would do with a “ticker tape timer”.
- Studying the motion of a toy car
- Studying the motion of other toys, e.g., air powered rockets
- Studying the motion of a person as they hold the tape and walk away from the photogate
What Is Included with the Photogate Bar Tape Kit?
- (1) 3 m section of Bar Tape
- (1) Bar Tape Guide
- (2) 1 3/8 in outside diameter O-rings
- (2) 1 3/16 in outside diameter O-rings
How do you use Bar Tape?