Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor, order code FPH-BTA, $99
Specifications and User Guide
-Primary Test: Does it read approximately 4 in its storage solution? (pH 13-14 indicates 0 volts, possibly a defective or damaged sensor)
-Secondary Test: Take readings in fresh buffers, NOT distilled water! If no buffers are available, try it in vinegar (~ pH 2.5-3.5) and ammonia (~ pH 10.5-11.5). If readings do not change when the sensor is placed in different solutions, the sensor is possibly defective or damaged.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
-TIL 4011: How do I calibrate my sensor?
-TIL 2341: How do I calibrate a sensor in Logger Pro?
-TIL 2442: How do I save a custom calibration to my pH sensor?
-TIL 3641: During calibration, what are the typical potential output readings for the PH-BNC electrode?
-TIL 2169: My Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor reads mV instead of pH.
-TIL 1286: Why doesn't my pH Sensor read pH 7 in distilled or deionized water?
-TIL 730: The pH electrode I have been using no longer seems to work or is slow to respond. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
-TIL 1599: What type of liquids cause problems for the pH Sensor?
-TIL 2166: The liquid inside my pH Sensor is low or gone. Will it still work?
-TIL 638: Will I get interference when I put two sensors in the same solution?
-TIL 2985: Is the flat pH sensor more durable than regular pH sensor?
MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE
-TIL 728: How can I keep my pH or ORP storage solution from spilling when the sensor is in use?
-TIL 369: Where do I get pH or ORP Storage Solution? (Buffer Storage Solution)
-TIL 706: What is the best way to clean the glass bulb of the pH electrode?
-TIL 1060: Do any of your sensors require special storage?
-TIL 2174: I bought your pH buffer capsules. Can I make storage solution for my pH Sensors with this kit?
-TIL 2201: My pH sensors were stored dry. Will they still work?
-TIL 2270: How do I dispose of my pH sensor?
- Calibrate? Usually no. However, for the most accurate measurements with this sensor, we recommend calibration. It is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Custom calibrations can also be stored directly onto the sensor.
- For calibration instructions, see: TIL 4011: How do I calibrate my sensor?
- In pH 4 buffer, the calibration voltage reading should be approximately 1.56
- In pH 7 buffer, the calibration voltage reading should be approximately 1.19
- In pH 10 buffer, the calibration voltage reading should be approximately 0.82
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- for buffers pH 4, 7, 10, pH Buffer Capsule Kit, order code PH-BUFCAP, $29
- pH Storage Solution, order code PH-SS, $18 (500 mL bottle)
- Storage Solution Bottles (5), order code BTL, $10 (5 bottles)