-Primary Test: Snap the module into place on the strap. Place the strap with the module in place on the subject. If the strap is not in contact with the skin, it will not work. The sensor supports Bluetooth® low energy technology if it has a Polar Heart Rate Module. Using Bluetooth® for data collection is very stable and is done at lower sampling rates. This is the best method for collecting heart rate data. Use the receiver if your device does not support Bluetooth. If you are using the receiver, make sure the module and the receiver are at the same level to receive the best signal.
-Secondary Test: Confirm that the following are OK:
1. The receiver is within 80 cm of the chest strap.
2. There are no electrical devices within 25 centimeters of the receiver (interfaces, computers, cell phones, electrical lab equipment)
3. No other receivers or transmitters are near the sensor
4. The contacts are clean
5. Readings have stabilized before starting the experiment.
6. If the reading for the Heart Beats Graph in Logger Pro (Graph 2 in LabQuest App and Graphical Analysis) is a flat line, the battery may be dead. As units approach their third and fourth year of service, the battery in the module needs to be changed. The battery is a CR 2025, available at most drug stores. Please be sure to dispose of the old battery properly. To find a battery disposal facility near you, visit http://www.rbrc.org/
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
Which Polar heart rate modules work with Vernier heart rate sensors?
Is it possible to order the receiver and transmitter portion of the Exercise or Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor separately?
How can I improve the readings I get with the Exercise Heart Rate Monitor?
How can I get better recordings using the Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor or Exercise Heart Rate Monitor
The Hand-Grip Heart Rate Monitor or Exercise Heart Rate Monitor does not work with my other sensors, such as a temperature probe. What is the problem?
|Battery type||CR 2025 (user-replaceable)|
|Battery lifetime||200 hours|
|Operating temperature||–10 to 50ºC|
|Radios||Bluetooth and 5 kHz RF transmission|
|RF transmission wireless range||0 to ~1 m|
|Bluetooth wireless range||10 m or more unobstructed|
-Calibrate? No. The Exercise Heart Rate Monitor does not need to be, nor can it be, calibrated.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS