-Primary Test: Connect the sensor and run the data-collection program. The units for the default readings are kPa and they should be reasonable for the altitude at which the sensor is being used (around 101 kPa at sea-level).
-Secondary Test: Connect a 20 mL syringe, from the Accessories Kit, to the sensor. Move the plunger of the syringe inward and check that the pressure readings increase.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
–Can I Order Pressure Sensor Accessories Separately?
–What is the internal volume of the Gas Pressure Sensor?
–Is there a list of chemicals that should not be used with the Gas Pressure Sensor?
–What plastic tubing used for the Pressure Sensor Accessories Kit?
–What type of plastic is the Gas Pressure Sensor 2-Way Valve?
–Where can I find low-friction glass syringes for combined gas law experiments done with our Gas Pressure Sensor?
–Is it OK to use Go Wireless or Go Direct sensors in a vacuum?
You do not have to perform a new calibration when using the Gas Pressure Sensor. The sensor is calibrated prior to shipping. If you would like to perform your own calibration, follow the steps described here. A one-point calibration at atmosphere is adequate for most applications.
To perform a one-point calibration,
1. Connect the Gas Pressure Sensor and launch the software.
2. Initiate the calibration procedure and make sure the one-point calibration option is checked. This should be the default option.
3. Enter the actual pressure as the known value for Reading 1.
4. When the voltage reading stabilizes, click Keep.
5. If you want to use the calibration for the current session only, click Done to complete the calibration process. To save the calibration onto the sensor, click the storage tab and save to the sensor.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
Gas Pressure Sensor Replacement Parts (PS-ACC)
#1 1-hole Rubber Stopper (PS-STOP1)
#5 2-hole Rubber Stopper (PS-STOP5)
Luer-Lock Connector (PS-LUER)
Plastic 2-Way Valve (PS-2WAY)
Plastic Tubing (PS-TUBING)
Stopper Stem (PS-STEM)
Plastic Syringe (PS-SYR)
Plastic Tubing Clamps (Pack of 100) (PTC) (pkg. of 100)