Recommended for High School and Middle School Science. Interface and software sold separately.
The Barometer can be used to measure and monitor atmospheric pressure. It works well for conducting weather studies or for experiments that involve pressures close to normal atmospheric pressure. It can also be used as an altimeter if you have a portable interface.
- Sensing Element: SenSym SDX15A4
- Pressure Range (as shipped): 0.8 to 1.05 atm (25 to 31.5 in of Hg)
- Maximum pressure that the sensor can tolerate without permanent damage: 2.04 atm or 61 in of Hg
- Sensitivity: 436 mV/in of Hg to 13.06 V/atm.
- Resolution: 1.0026 X 10-4 atm (0.003 in of Hg) (LabQuest 2, LabQuest, LabQuest Mini, Go!Link, LabPro)
- Combined Linearity and Hysteresis: Typical ±0.1% full scale, maximum ±0.5% full scale
- Response Time: 100 microseconds
Download the user manual for full specifications
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Earth Science with Vernier (1)
Includes student instructions, teacher tips, safety information, and sample data.Go to Book Page
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
The Barometer requires a compatible interface and software to collect data. Interface and software sold separately. Getting started with probeware »
The Barometer is compatible with these interfaces:
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »