For classrooms with older, compatible TI graphing calculators, the CBL 2 is an inexpensive way to collect sensor data.
The CBL 2 is portable and battery powered, you can take it out of the classroom for experiments such as measuring accelerations on amusement rides or monitoring the temperature, dissolved oxygen, and pH of a lake or stream.
- Resolution: 10-bit A/D conversion
- Maximum sampling rate: 50,000 readings per second
- Sensor channels: 3 analog and 1 digital
- Internal memory: Stores up to 12,000 data points
Compatible TI Graphing Calculators
- TI-73 Explorer
- TI-83 Plus
- TI-84 Plus (made prior to 2023)
- TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
- TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- TI-89 Titanium
- TI-92 Plus
- TI Voyage
CBL 2 is not compatible with TI-Nspire calculators, TI-84 Plus CE, or TI-84 Plus calculators made after 2022.