This book contains 18 water quality tests, including pH, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, BOD, flow rate, turbidity, nitrates, and phosphates.
Water Quality with Vernier has 18 water quality tests, including pH, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, BOD, flow rate, turbidity, nitrates, and phosphates. All nine tests in the Water Quality Index (WQI) are supported. A comprehensive introduction is included for each test, providing important background information for the students.
Included with Water Quality with Vernier
- 18 water quality tests and investigations
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with LabQuest App, Logger Pro 3, and EasyData
- Essential instructor information including teaching tips, instructions for preparing solutions, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Complete equipment and supplies list
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (1)
Vernier Optical DO Probe (3)
Go Direct® SpectroVis® Plus Spectrophotometer (1)
Nitrate Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Calcium Ion-Selective Electrode (1)
Chloride Ion-Selective Electrode or Conductivity Probe or Salinity Sensor (1)
Extra Long Temperature Probe (1)
Preview "Dissolved Oxygen" from Water Quality with Vernier. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »