- Primary Test: Make sure that the line marked by the arrow on the label of the sensor is positioned properly to measure the desired acceleration.
- Secondary Test: Position the sensor to read gravity effect and confirm that the reading is sufficiently precise.
- order code: ACC-BTA
- Power: 30 mA @ 5VDC
- Range: +/-245 m/s/s (+/-25g)
- Accuracy: +/-2.45 m/s/s (+/- 0.25g)
- Frequency Response: 0 to 100 Hz
- Calibrate? No. The sensor is set to the stored calibration before shipping.
- For some experiments, you may use the stored calibration and zero the sensor before collecting data.
- If you wish to calibrate the sensor for acceleration in the horizontal direction, you will conduct a two-point calibration.
- First point: position the sensor with the arrow pointing down and define this reading as -9.8 m/s/s or -1 g.
- Second point: rotate the sensor so that the arrow points up and define this reading as +9.8 m/s/s or +1 g.
- If you wish to calibrate the sensor for acceleration in the vertical direction, you will follow the same process as for the horizontal direction, but you will define the first point as 0 m/ss or 0 g and the second point as 19.6 m/s/s or 2 g.
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
Low-g Accelerometer (LGA-BTA)
3-Axis Accelerometer (3D-BTA)
Go Direct® Acceleration Sensor (GDX-ACC)
Go Direct® Force and Acceleration Sensor (GDX-FOR)
Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-G)
Go Direct® Sensor Cart (GDX-CART-Y)
Data Vest (DV)