Go Wireless® pH, order code GW-PH
Specifications and User Guide
- Primary Test: Press the power button on the sensor to turn it on. (The red LED will be flashing.) Start the data-collection app and select the sensor from the list of available sensors. (The green LED will be flashing.) It should read approximately 4 in its storage solution.
- Secondary Test: Take readings in fresh buffers, NOT distilled water! If no buffers are available, try it in vinegar (~ pH 2.5-3.5) or ammonia (~ pH 10.5-11.5). If readings do not change when the sensor is placed in different solutions, the sensor is possibly defective or damaged.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
GO WIRELESS OPERATION
TIL 3133: Go Wireless Sensors - Computer, Tablet and Mobile Device Support Details
TIL 3134: Go Wireless Sensors - LabQuest Support Details
TIL 3136: Go Wireless sensors - battery details
TIL 3137: How do I change the name of my Go Wireless sensor?
TIL 3138: Where do I find the serial number and hardware/firmware version numbers of my Go Wireless sensor?
TIL 3139: What do the different LED states mean on a Go Wireless Sensor?
TIL 3140: What does the button do on Go Wireless sensors?
TIL 3142: Go Wireless App Troubleshooting and FAQs
TIL 3173: How do I remove or replace a Go Wireless Temp battery?
TIL 3264: Do Go Wireless products work with computers?
TIL 3642: How do I tell multiple Go Wireless devices apart?
TIL 4294: Where can I use my Go Wireless (not Go Direct) sensors?
pH ELECTRODE OPERATION
-TIL 1286: Why doesn't my pH Sensor read pH 7 in distilled or deionized water?
-TIL 782: The glass bulb of my pH Sensor is broken. Can it be repaired?
-TIL 730: The pH electrode I have been using no longer seems to work or is slow to respond. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
-TIL 1599: What type of liquids cause problems for the pH Sensor?
-TIL 3649: During calibration, what are typical potential readings for the Go Wireless pH Probe?
pH ELECTRODE MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE
-TIL 369: Where do I get pH or ORP Storage Solution? (Buffer Storage Solution)
-TIL 2338: What do I do about mold growth in my bottle of pH electrode storage solution?
-TIL 728: How can I keep my pH or ORP storage solution from spilling when the sensor is in use?
-TIL 2201: My pH sensors were stored dry. Will they still work?
-TIL 706: What is the best way to clean the glass bulb of the pH electrode?
-TIL 1060: Do any of your sensors require special storage?
-TIL 2174: I bought your pH buffer capsules. Can I make storage solution for my pH Sensors with this kit?
-TIL 2270: How do I dispose of my pH sensor?
Go Wireless pH uses Bluetooth low energy technology and can only be used with devices running the appropriate software that support Bluetooth low energy technology. For more detail, see TIL 3133: Go Wireless Sensors - Computer, Tablet and Mobile Device Support Details
Requirements for iOS support:
- iPad (3rd generation or later)
- iPad air
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPhone (4S or later)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- Graphical Analysis for iOS (v2.2 - 4.0.3)
- Graphical Analysis GW for iOS
Requirements for Android support:
- For Android devices that support Bluetooth low energy technology, see: https://www.bluetooth.com/what-is-bluetooth-technology/bluetooth-devices
- Graphical Analysis for Android (v2.1 - 3.1)
- Graphical Analysis GW for Android
Requirements for LabQuest 2 support:
- LabQuest 2 (may require additional hardware, see TIL 3085: How do I know if my LabQuest 2 will work with Go Direct Sensors and Go Wireless devices?)
- LabQuest App v2.4 or higher
For many experiments, calibrating the pH Sensor is not required.
For the most accurate measurements with this sensor, we recommend calibration. It is a simple process that takes only a few minutes.
See Specifications and User Guide for detailed instructions.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND SOLUTIONS
- Go Wireless® Charging Cable, order code GW-CB, $10
- Go Direct® pH BNC Electrode, order code GDX-PH-BNC, $40
- Go Direct® Electrode Amplifier, order code GDX-EA, $64
- Go Wireless® 100 mAh Replacement Battery, order code GW-BAT-100, $7
- pH Buffer Capsule Kit, order code PH-BUFCAP, $29
- pH Storage Solution, order code PH-SS, $18
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- Go Wireless® Charging Station, order code GW-CRG
- Go Wireless® pH Teacher Pack (includes charging station), order code GW-PH-TP
- Go Wireless® Temp, order code GW-TEMP