Go Direct® Light and Color Sensor, order code GDX-LC, $79
Specifications and User Guide
- Primary Test: Press the power button on the sensor to turn it on. The LED will flash red. Start the Graphical Analysis app on your device and select the desired sensor from the list of available sensors. If connecting via Bluetooth wireless technology, the LED will be steady blue. Select the desired channel(s) from the list of available sensors. Expose the light aperture to a variety of UV, visible light, and/or colors and confirm that the sensor reading responds appropriately. Press the power button to toggle the white LED on and off.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
TIL 3968: How do I turn the Go Direct Light and Color sensor white LED on or off?
TIL 4018: What does the UV sensor on the Go Direct Light and Color sensor measure?
TIL 4025: What do the 650 nm, 550 nm, and 450 nm channels measure in the Go Direct Light and Color sensor?
TIL 4263: What are the units Go Direct Light and Color Sensor reading?
Visible Light Sensor
Range: 0 to 150,000 lux
Maximum sampling rate: 1,000 Hz
0.2 lx when measuring less than 10,000 lux
5 lx when measuring greater than 10,000 lux
UV wavelength sensitivity region (approximate half-sensitivity): 320 nm to 375 nm
Maximum sampling rate: 1 Hz
Response time: 0.4 s
Peak response: 615 nm peak (red); 525 nm peak (green); 465 nm peak (blue)
Maximum sampling rate: 0.5 Hz
-Maximum wireless range: 30 m (unobstructed)
-Overall device dimensions: 8.8 cm x 6.0 cm x 3.2 cm
Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensor uses Bluetooth low energy technology and can only be used wirelessly with devices that support Bluetooth low energy technology running the appropriate software. Otherwise, connect the sensor to your device using the included USB cable.
This sensor requires Graphical Analysis software on iOS, Android, Chrome, Windows, or Mac.
-Calibrate? No. The sensor is set to the stored calibration before shipping.
-If you wish to calibrate the sensor, you will need to conduct a two-point calibration.
- Micro USB Cable, order code CB-USB-MICRO, $5
- Micro USB to USB-C Cable, order code CB-USB-C-MICRO, $9
RELATED VERNIER PRODUCTS
- Light Sensor, order code LS-BTA, $59
- UVA Sensor, order code UVA-BTA, $109
- UVB Sensor, order code UVB-BTA, $110