The Go Direct Light and Color Sensor combines the power of multiple sensors to measure light intensity in the visible range and UV portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Visible light sensor
- The fast sampling rate for the visible light sensor (1000 Hz) allows you to observe the flicker of fluorescent lamps.
- Red, green, blue (RGB) color sensor
- Use the RGB sensor to determine the relative contribution of red, green, and blue light. A built-in white LED provides uniform illumination when the sensor is placed directly on a surface, reducing the effect of variable ambient light.
- UV sensor
- Ideal for experiments using sunlight and UV lamps, the UV sensor responds well to ultraviolet radiation in the UVA and UVB spectrum.
The Go Direct Light and Color Sensor can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Explore light intensity as a function of distance.
- Conduct polarized filter studies.
- Observe the flicker of fluorescent lamps.
- Perform reflectivity studies, including color analysis.
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation when using the sensor wirelessly. Monitor battery life directly from our free Vernier Graphical Analysis™ app, as well as Graphical Analysis Pro and LabQuest® 3. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting–no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wireless or Wired—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ app–no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.