Vernier Video Analysis is a progressive web app available for Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Android, and ChromeOS. It is used to perform video analysis on short video clips. As a web app it is downloaded and installed by visiting its URL using a compatible browser.
A user manual is available.
You can use your own videos or use videos prepared by other users. See How do I collect good videos for analysis in Vernier Video Analysis, Video Physics or Logger Pro? for a guide to capturing useful videos. A selection of sample videos is included on the welcome screen. Where can I find prepared videos for video analysis in Logger Pro or Vernier Video Analysis?
Updates to the application are made available regularly. Usually updates are applied automatically, but if the app is open when an update is made available, a prompt will appear in the Additional Options menu at upper right.
If the app prompts you to enter the license key, and the field is filled with a key, click or tap submit. If this does not succeed, use the full URL originally provided to access the app.
In unusual circumstances the app may be unresponsive, fail to load, or fail to open a video. These can be resolved most often by these steps.
- Refresh the web page using the controls of your browser. This is often control-R or command-R. If that fails, try shift-control-R or shift-command-R.
- If you are able to run the app in a private browsing tab, the local files of the app may be corrupted. To fix this in your main browsing windows, clear the cache in your browser for videoanalysis.app. When you browse back to the app you will need the long URL that includes the access key.
- Confirm that you are using a compatible browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Purchasing and Distributing
- How do subscriptions work for Vernier apps?
- How do I share Vernier Video Analysis with students?
- Is Vernier Video Analysis available in an app store? Is a single-seat license available?
- What is the difference between Pivot Interactives and the video analysis offered by Vernier Video Analysis or Logger Pro?
- How can I deploy Graphical Analysis and other Vernier apps to all student Chromebooks?
- What domains need to be allow-listed for Graphical Analysis and Vernier Video Analysis?
Using the App
- I'm having trouble activating Vernier Video Analysis
- My video doesn't play correctly in Vernier Video Analysis. What can I do?
- What browsers support the Vernier Video Analysis app?
- What video file formats are supported in Vernier Video Analysis?
- Vernier Video Analysis does not prompt for a file name and location when saving a file
- Are there different ways to calculate velocity in Vernier Video Analysis?
- How do I analyze slow-motion or high-speed video in your video analysis apps?
- How do I save and open files from Vernier Video Analysis on iPadOS or iOS?
- Why does a video captured on an iOS device give a codec error or render as a gray or black box in Logger Pro, Graphical Analysis Pro, or Vernier Video Analysis?
- I can't add points using Vernier Video Analysis on iPadOS 13.4.x
- Vernier Video Analysis is zoomed in on my iPad, and I cannot get it to zoom back out
- How can I convert a video to a different file format or codec?
- Vernier Video Analysis on Firefox fails to export to PDF
- Vernier Video Analysis graph export can be missing graph elements on Safari