Recommended for College, High School, and Middle School Science. Interface and software sold separately.
Designed to collect data on forces developed during stepping, jumping, and other human-scale actions.
Designed for much higher forces than the Dual-Range Force Sensor, the Force Plate can measure the forces developed during stepping, jumping, and other human-scale actions. For example, you can perform the following kinds of experiments:
- Observe the change in normal force during an elevator ride.
- Measure the impulse delivered by the floor during a jump.
- Measure the reaction force as a student leans against a wall.
- Force range: –850 to +3500 N or –200 to +850 N, where positive value is a compression force
- Maximum non-damaging force: 4500 N (1000 lb) compression or 900 N (200 lb) pull evenly distributed
- Resolution: 1.2 N or 0.3 N
(LabQuest 2, LabQuest, LabQuest Mini, Go!Link, LabPro)
- Dimensions: 28 cm by 32 cm by 5 cm
Download the user manual for full specifications
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
The Force Plate requires a compatible interface and software to collect data. Interface and software sold separately. Getting started with probeware »
The Force Plate is compatible with these interfaces:
Due to the product weight, additional shipping charges may apply.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »