– Primary Test:
Are you using LabQuest App v2.8.9 or v3.0.6, or Spectral Analysis v4.11, or newer?
1. If connecting via USB: Connect the spectrophotometer directly to the USB port.
If connecting via bluetooth: Connect the spectrometer to the USB power adapter or to a powered USB hub. The bluetooth LED will blink. Note: Do NOT plug the USB into a computer USB port to run with Bluetooth.
3. Start the appropriate data-collection software. Options include: LabQuest App, and Spectral Analysis. The latest version of software is available as a free download here: https://www.vernier.com/downloads/
4. Set the spectrometer to collect data in absorbance vs wavelength mode, if not already done.
5. Calibrate the spectrometer with the appropriate solvent.
6. Collect a spectrum with a known sample where the absorbance falls between 0.1 and 1.0 absorbance units.
RELATED TIL ENTRIES
Which Spectrometer Should I Buy?
How do I check the lamp output of my spectrometer?
Why is the absorbance reading on my device (spectrometer/colorimeter) unstable or nonlinear at values above 1.0?
Why don't all of my spectrometers and/or Colorimeters read the same absorbance value for the same sample?
Can my Vernier-branded spectrometer be reconditioned? Can the lamp in my spectrometer be replaced?
Why don't the absorbance readings for the Colorimeter or the spectrometers have units?
What is the path length for the Vernier-branded spectrometers?
What is the difference between the types of cuvettes you sell for Spectrometers and the Colorimeter?
Do you sell replacement lids for my plastic cuvettes?
What types of liquids can be poured into your plastic Colorimeter or Spectrometer cuvettes without harming the cuvette?
Where can I get quartz cuvettes for your spectrophotometers?
Does the Vernier Spectrophotometer Optical Fiber work with any of the Ocean Optics Spectrometers or vice versa?
Spectral Analysis Troubleshooting and FAQs
Is there a way to toggle on/off the colored background behind the absorbance spectrum graph?
Why is the maximum sample time for a spectrometer set at 1000 milliseconds?
Why can't my device find Go Direct Spectrometer when I try to connect via Bluetooth?
Do you have labs written for your spectrophotometers?
Can I use my spectrometer to collect data at one wavelength (kinetics or Beer's law)?
Do you have instructions on how to use a spectrophotometer to conduct the Photosynthesis lab?
Can I do blackbody experiments with the Vernier or Ocean Optics Spectrometers?
Why can't I see better Hydrogen emission lines with my spectrometer?
in Absorbance mode? Yes
in Transmittance mode? Yes
in Emission mode? Optional