Yes, Graphical Analysis 4, our data-collection and analysis application available for Chromebooks, is free and available for Download in the Chrome Web Store.
Data collection with Graphical Analysis 4 (GA4) can be performed several ways
1) With our Go Direct Wireless and USB sensors
2) With our interface-based sensors that require a LabQuest interface
(LabQuest Mini, LabQuest Stream, LabQuest 2, or Go!Link interfaces)
3) With our Go!Temp and Go!Motion USB sensors
4) With our Go Wireless Heart Rate and Go Wireless Exercise Heart Sensors (wireless Bluetooth sensors)
5) With Vernier Data Sharing Sources via Wi-Fi (LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro)
In any case, students use Graphical Analysis 4 to create graphs, modify scaling, make selections, create annotations and captions, and perform analysis with statistics and curve fits.
Supported Data-Collection Features
For a current list of supported features, see the Graphical Analysis 4 page.
Although Graphical Analysis 4 will do the majority of tasks for basic sensor data collection, it's important to note some differences between Logger Pro and Graphical Analysis 4. The differences will become fewer as time goes on, but the apps will never be the same.
- GA4 is not Logger Pro. It is a new application, designedd specifically to work with Chromebooks.
- GA4 does not work with our older LabPro interface.
- GA4 does not have advanced analysis features found in Logger Pro, such as multiple graph types, video analysis, and page layout capabilities.
- GA4 does not currently support all the experiments in the standard Vernier lab books.
- Not all Logger Pro data-collection modes are implemented in GA4. These features are planned.
- At this time, there is no support for OHAUS balances, the Mini GC, Mini GC Plus, or Watts Up Pro in GA4.
- Graphical Analysis 4 is distinct and different from Graphical Analysis 3 for Windows and Macintosh. Graphical Analysis for Windows and Macintosh is Logger Pro based software not available on a Chromebook. Vernier has chosen to renew the Graphical Analysis title as a mobile application for modern devices.
TIL 2871: My school is moving to Chromebooks. Will the probeware I already own work with a Chromebook?
TIL 3617: Do you have Logger Pro for Chromebooks?
TIL 2903: How do I transfer data from Vernier Data Share web app to Google Drive?
TIL 3455: What are the tradeoffs between Chromebooks and laptops for data collection?
TIL 3693: Please notify me when you have product updates for Chromebooks.