Our free Spectral Analysis app makes it easy to incorporate spectroscopy into your biology and chemistry labs. Using the app, students can collect a full spectrum and explore topics such as Beer’s law, enzyme kinetics, and plant pigments.
The user-friendly interface walks the students through the data-collection process and includes analysis features such as curve fitting and data interpolation.
See sample experiment downloads, a list of supported instrumentation, and instructional screencasts.
- Follow on-screen instructions for simplified Beer’s law or kinetics data collection.
- Collect full spectrum absorbance or % transmittance data in less than one second.
- Analyze data with built-in analysis tools, including data interpolation and curve fittings.
- Determine the order of kinetics reaction with the calculated columns function.
- Understand color transmission using the color strip shown on full spectrum graphs.
- Use Advanced Full Spectrum Mode to teach students the direct relationship between absorbance and % transmittance or observe a Stokes shift.
Computer running Windows 7 or Windows 10. Only Windows 10 computers with compatible Bluetooth® radios will support Bluetooth connections.
Computer running macOS 10.11, 11.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, and 11. USB and Bluetooth.
Chromebook running ChromeOS 57 or newer. USB and Bluetooth.
iOS 11 or newer
- iPad® (4th generation or newer), iPad mini™, iPad Air®, and iPad Pro
- iPhone® (5S or newer)
- iPod touch® (5th generation or newer)
See information about apps for older iOS operating systems
Go Direct support requires Android 6.0.1 or newer.
Note About Go Direct SpectroVis Plus
Bluetooth connection to Go Direct SpectroVis Plus requires Spectral Analysis version 4.3 or newer. Most Go Direct SpectroVis Plus Spectrophotometers purchased before January 2018 require an update to support Bluetooth connection. Learn more about the update to support the Bluetooth connection »