Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry contains 34 inquiry-based investigations that prompt students’ interest in the environment.
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry contains 34 inquiry-based, environmental science investigations. Each experiment includes a preliminary activity, teacher information, sample researchable questions, and sample data. Labs are correlated to AP* and IB** standards. Topics include
- Earth Systems and Resources/Air and Water
- Earth Systems and Resources/Soil
- The Living World
- Global Change and Population
- Energy Resources and Consumption
The inquiry style used is based on recommendations from the National Research Council report, “Learning and Understanding: Improving Advanced Study of Mathematics and Science in U.S. High Schools” (2002) and leading inquiry-based learning experts.
Included with Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry
- 34 inquiry-based, environmental science investigations
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential teacher information for successful inquiry investigations
- Suggested researchable questions, sample data, and graphs
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate experiments for your class
- Word-processing files of the student investigations, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry iBook
Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry is available on the iBookstore. This student companion contains all student versions from the lab manual, a new glossary feature, and images in full color.
Select an investigation below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Investigations by Product
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe (14)
Relative Humidity Sensor (5)
Vernier Optical DO Probe (5)
Go Direct® CO2 Gas Sensor (1)
Go Direct® Optical Dissolved Oxygen Probe (1)
Primary Productivity Kit (1)
Stainless Steel Temperature Probe or Relative Humidity Sensor or Soil Moisture Sensor or pH Sensor or Conductivity Probe or Vernier Optical DO Probe or Turbidity Sensor or CO2 Gas Sensor (1)
National and State Standards Correlations
Meet your state and national curriculum standards with experiments from Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry.
National and State Standard Correlations
Preview "Soil and Acid Rain" from Investigating Environmental Science through Inquiry. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »
* AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
** The IB Diploma Program is an official program of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) which authorizes schools to offer it. The material available here has been developed independently of the IBO and is not endorsed by it.