Use Vernier probeware to teach mechanics concepts at the college physics, AP* Physics, or IB** Physics level. Use it in addition to Physics with Vernier for a comprehensive set of topics.
Advanced Physics with Vernier – Mechanics is the first of a two-volume set of experiments for the more in-depth introductory physics course, such as college physics, AP Physics, or IB Physics. Experiments are designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor- or student-led discussion.
Instructor Information sections for each experiment include discussions on how to guide students through a successful activity. The book includes many extensions to challenge the most talented students.
The second book in the series is Advanced Physics with Vernier - Beyond Mechanics.
Included with Advanced Physics with Vernier - Mechanics
- 19 experiments designed for an interactive teaching style, with planned moments for instructor or student-led discussion
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Essential instructor information including discussions about how to lead students to a successful activity
- Experiment extensions that challenge the most talented students
- Word-processing files of the student investigations so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- A generous site license—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 or LabQuest App
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Dynamics Cart and Track System (11)
Bumper and Launcher Kit (7)
Dual-Range Force Sensor (8)
Ultra Pulley Attachment (1)
Centripetal Force Apparatus (1)
Rotational Motion Accessory Kit (4)
Preview "Newton's Second Law" from Advanced Physics with Vernier - Mechanics. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »
* AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
** The IB Diploma Program is an official program of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) which authorizes schools to offer it. The material available here has been developed independently of the IBO and is not endorsed by it.