This book makes it easy for organic chemistry instructors to integrate Vernier data-collection technology into the organic chemistry lab curriculum. The experiments involve characterization of reactions and compounds using the Vernier Melt Station, Mini Gas Chromatograph, SpectroVis Plus, and the Polarimeter. Many of the experiments can also be performed and enhanced with the Vernier UV-VIS Spectrophotometer or the Vernier Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer.
Instructor notes include helpful tips for successfully completing the experiment, reagent preparation information, and sample data.
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 and LabQuest App
- Instructor Information section for each experiment with directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Generous site license—buy one book and duplicate experiments for your class
- Complete equipment and chemicals list
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Preview “Determining Melting Temperature” from Organic Chemistry with Vernier. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.
Download sample experiment