Organic Chemistry with Vernier contains experiments designed for use with Vernier data-collection technology in college organic chemistry courses. Experiments cover a broad range of topics and techniques including compound identification, synthesis, chromatography, optical rotation, and spectroscopy.
This book makes it easy for organic chemistry instructors to integrate Vernier data-collection technology into the organic chemistry lab curriculum. The experiments involve characterization of reactions and compounds using the Vernier Melt Station, Mini Gas Chromatograph, SpectroVis Plus, and the Polarimeter.
Instructor notes include helpful tips for successfully completing the experiment, reagent preparation information, and sample data.
Included with Organic Chemistry with Vernier
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions
- Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
- Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 and LabQuest App
- Instructor Information section for each experiment with directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data
- Word-processing files of the student experiments, so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
- Generous site license—buy one book and duplicate experiments for your class
- Complete equipment and chemicals list
Printed Lab Book
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the electronic version, plus a printed copy of the book.
Sensors and Interfaces for Experiments
Select an experiment below to view an overview, objectives, necessary probeware, and standards correlations.
- Table of Contents
- Experiments by Product
Wide-Range Temperature Probe (10)
Vernier UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (8)
Vernier Fluorescence/UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (9)
Polarimeter (Chemical) (5)
Go Direct® SpectroVis® Plus Spectrophotometer (4)
Preview "Determining Melting Temperature" from Organic Chemistry with Vernier. The preview download includes student instructions, teacher tips, sample data, and more.Download sample experiment
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »