The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor is a highly versatile sensor. Because the glass membrane is flat instead of a bulb, it is more durable, easier to clean, and allows for flat surface measurements or smaller sample sizes. It features a sealed, gel-filled, double-junction electrode, making it compatible with Tris buffers and solutions containing proteins or sulfides. The flat glass shape also makes it useful for measuring the pH of semisolids such as food or soil slurries.
View the Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor user manual
- Range: pH 0–14 (Some sodium error in ranges greater than pH 12 due to thicker glass and higher impedance values)
- Electrode type: Double-junction, sealed, gel-filled, Ag/AgCl reference, polycarbonate body
- Membrane style: Flat glass
- Storage solution: pH 4/KCl solution (10 g KCl in 100 mL buffer pH-4 solution)
- Cable: 1 meter coaxial cable with BNC connector
- 0– 100ºC
- 12 mm OD
- Impedance: ~20 kΩ at 25ºC
- Response time: 98% of full response in 30 s at 25ºC
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
Do you have an innovative use for Vernier technology? What about a favorite lab or demo? We love to hear what creative uses people have for our products. Please email them to email@example.com
The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor may require a compatible interface and software. Choose a platform below to see compatible interface and software options.
The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor is fully supported with LabQuest 2 (version 2.7.1), a standalone data logger with built-in graphing and analysis software.
Learn more about LabQuest 2 »
You can also use the Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor with these platforms:
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »