Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor
Recommended for College and High School. Interface and software sold separately.
Use the Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor to measure the pH of a solution or semisolid, such as food or soil.
The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor is a highly versatile sensor. Because the glass membrane is flat instead of a bulb, it is more durable, easier to clean, and allows for flat surface measurements or smaller sample sizes. It features a sealed, gel-filled, double-junction electrode, making it compatible with Tris buffers and solutions containing proteins or sulfides. The flat glass shape also makes it useful for measuring the pH of semisolids such as food or soil slurries.
- Range: pH 0–14 (Some sodium error in ranges greater than pH 12 due to thicker glass and higher impedance values)
- Electrode type: Double-junction, sealed, gel-filled, Ag/AgCl reference, polycarbonate body
- Membrane style: Flat glass
- pH 4/KCl solution (10 g KCl in 100 mL buffer pH-4 solution)
- Cable: 1 meter coaxial cable with BNC connector
- 0– 100ºC
- 12 mm OD
- Impedance: ~20 kΩ at 25ºC
- Response time: 98% of full response in 30 s at 25ºC
Download the user manual for full specifications
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor requires a compatible interface and software to collect data. Interface and software sold separately. Getting started with probeware »
The Tris-Compatible Flat pH Sensor is compatible with these interfaces:
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »