The Goniometer can be used to measure the dynamic motion of a limb during different types of physical activity.
- A set of elastic straps are used to secure the sensor to the subject.
- The lightweight and flexible joint arms allow the limb to move naturally.
- Use it with an EKG Sensor to measure muscle activity during limb motion.
- The sensor can also be detached from the base plate and flexible arms so it can be used in a variety of STEM and engineering activities.
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
Do you have an innovative use for Vernier technology? What about a favorite lab or demo? We love to hear what creative uses people have for our products. Please email them to email@example.com
The Goniometer may require a compatible interface and software. Choose a platform below to see compatible interface and software options.
The Goniometer is fully supported with LabQuest 2 (version 2.8.5), a standalone data logger with built-in graphing and analysis software.
Learn more about LabQuest 2 »
You can also use the Goniometer with these platforms:
- Goniometer: joint angle sensor with base plate attached to static arm
- 12-inch flexible joint arm
- 10-inch flexible joint arm
- 8-inch flexible joint arm
- Two 24-inch elastic, hook-and-loop straps
- Two 14-inch elastic, hook-and-loop straps
- User manual
All prices are for U.S. educators.
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »