The most powerful, connected, and versatile interface ever.
LabQuest 2 is the most powerful and intuitive interface for science education. Engage your students with hands-on science in your classroom or in the field.
Vernier LabQuest 2 is a standalone interface used to collect sensor data with its built-in graphing and analysis application. The large, high-resolution touch screen makes it easy and intuitive to collect, analyze, and share data from experiments. Its wireless connectivity encourages collaboration and personalized learning. You can also use LabQuest 2 as a computer interface using Logger Pro software for advanced analysis and video features.
- Standalone and computer interface with a touch screen
- Compatible with all Vernier sensors
- Fast data collection
- Rechargeable, high-capacity battery
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh computers
- Free software updates
New for LabQuest 2
- Collect, analyze, and share sensor data wirelessly on any device with a web browser
- Larger and higher resolution screen with portrait and landscape orientations
- Additional built-in sensors such as GPS and accelerometers
- Faster processor for fast analysis and graphing
LabQuest 2 Hardware
- Large, high-resolution touch screen
- Built-in sensors such as GPS and accelerometers
- Wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Fast data collection with 100,000 samples per second
LabQuest 2 Software
- Real-time graphing and live sensor data display
- Powerful analysis with linear and curve fits
- Built-in periodic table, stopwatch, scientific calculator, and more
- Touch and stylus navigation for efficiency and precision
- Vernier Data Share to view sensor data from web browsers or iPad
Connected Science System
The Connected Science System is a networked collection of probeware technology that supports hands-on, collaborative learning with individualized accountability. Students can collect, view, analyze, and annotate data on an iPad or any device with a compatible web browser.
Connected Science System
LabQuest 2 Curriculum
- Student instructions for over 100 of Vernier’s most popular experiments included
- Customizable library of Vernier experiments
- Import your own experiments into LabQuest 2
Sensor Packages for LabQuest 2
Our packages combine the LabQuest 2 with sensors recommended for a subject area. Buy the package that best suits your budget or needs, or use the package as a starting point to building your own package.
Reviews and Awards
“In summary, the LabQuest 2 from Vernier is an outstanding tool to engage students in scientific inquiry. In my opinion, its reasonable price and ease of use make the LabQuest 2 a valuable tool for students conducting scientific investigations. It can help motivate them toward greater science achievement. If you’re interested in a versatile and cost-effective tool that is user friendly, look no further than Vernier’s LabQuest 2.”
Read the full review from NSTA Recommends
“I used the system for several weeks to do everything from analyzing the motion on a swing and watching the voltage of a battery decline to monitoring the light of a sunset and taking longitude and latitude locations fixers in conjunction with sound and light readings. Its ability to grab data and analyze it is without comparison in such a small unit.”
Source: Scholastic Tech Tools
“Vernier’s LabQuest 2 can build interest in science, make experiments come alive, and deepen understanding of complex concepts. The affordable handheld tool supports student-centered, inquiry-based learning, high-end data collection, and critical analysis as budding scientists use real tools to conduct real-time investigations of natural phenomena.”
Source: Tech & Learning
“It seemed obvious that the LabQuest 2 would be a real game changer in the data collection space, but after our field test, it seems more that the LabQuest 2 has invented an entirely new game. However, ultimately it falls on the teachers and students to truly imagine the potential of this technology. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say that human imagination is the main limit of Vernier’s Connected Science System right now.”
Source: NSTA Blog, Science 2.0
Read more reviews »
LabQuest 2 app was selected as a finalist in the Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device category for the 2013 CODiE Awards! The category recognizes the best curriculum or administrative application, designed for either PK-12 or postsecondary markets, that is delivered via mobile devices, including smartphones or tablets.
Source: SIIA 2013 CODiE Award Finalists
- Vernier LabQuest 2 interface
- 1 stylus
- Stylus tether
- Computer connection (USB) cable
- AC power adapter
- Quick-start guide
Free Software Updates
Get new features and enhancements with free software updates to LabQuest 2.
Download the latest LabQuest update
Educational use only: Vernier products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical, or commercial applications. Product usage disclaimer »